Terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before confirming your booking.
The facilities will normally be available from 08.00 to 23.00hrs, Monday to Sunday. The booking session arrangements are as follows:
- Half days consist of 4 hours between 08.00 and 12.30 or 13.00 and 17.00. Any bookings which wish to straddle these booking periods ie- 10.00 – 14.00 will be charged for a full days hire. Half day rates are not offered in Main Hall or Tavistock Room unless the booking is inside 2 months of the booking date.
- Full day hire is for an 8 hour period between 08.00 – 17.00. Earlier access or later departure will be charge hourly pro rata and only full hours can be booked.
- Evening bookings are to be charged at the standard 4 hour rate excluding Main Hall bookings where staff costs may be added should they be required.
- Access or bookings requiring access before 07.30 or after 20.00 Monday to Friday or between 08.00 and 23.00 on weekends may be subject to an additional opening charge.
The Organisation (or individual if the booking is not on behalf of an organisation) in whose name the booking is made, unless otherwise stated, will be considered the Hirer and by confirming the booking with Woburn House Conference Centre agrees to the terms and conditions described here.
New clients are required to provide a letter of authorisation on their company’s headed paper including the VAT registration number and/or charity number. Charity rates cannot be granted without the charity number being provided in this manner.
Please email your booking form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to the following:
Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd
20-24 Tavistock Square
Signing of this contract will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Woburn House Conference Centre (WHCC) reserves the right to vary its charges without notice. Any charges relating to confirmed bookings which have been given in writing will be adhered to.
Provisional bookings will be entered on the diary and held free of charge for three weeks. During this period if we have further interest in the room we are holding for you, we will contact you to confirm or release your booking. The Hirer will receive via email from (WHCC) a provisional booking entry, a booking form, our terms and conditions, room hire costs and catering details. At the end of this time written confirmation is required in order to retain the booking. If no confirmation is received the booking will be deleted from the diary automatically.
All the Hirer’s requirements should be detailed on the booking form at the time of booking. The Hirer shall notify WHCC of any changes to the requirements detailed on the booking form, in writing, not less than one week before the function.
Confirmation of Booking
Once a signed version of this contract has been returned the cancellation policy will apply. For bookings for dates within three months, a signed copy of the contract is required within seven working days. For bookings for dates within seven days, a signed copy of the contract is required within 24 hours.
In the event that the Hirer cancels a confirmed booking, the following charges will be applied:
- Less than 3 months notice 25% of room hire
- Less than 2 months notice 50% of room hire
- Less than 1 months notice 75% of room hire
- Less than 2 weeks notice 100% of room hire and catering charges.
Notification of cancellations should be made in writing and will be effective on the date received by Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd.
Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd reserves the right to cancel the booking if the holding of the function is deemed a conflict of interest or potentially harmful to the business of UUK or its staff. Should it be deemed by Woburn House Management that a client has withheld and/or not disclosed full details of the event and its contents for any reason then Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd reserve the right to cancel the booking without penalty or liability.
Early admission to rooms
At the discretion of WHCC staff early admission to a room may be allowed for the Hirer, contractors or sponsors of the organiser. However the hire period will be deemed to have commenced at the time of admission to the room and therefore be chargeable. Charges are applied on a pro rata basis of a half day hire charge and charged full the full hour if used for part thereof.
Late vacating of rooms
In the event of the Hirer, their delegates or contractor failing to vacate the room at the end of the hire period, including the failure to remove any items brought in for the event, except by prior arrangement, additional charges for room hire will be levied, to include any additional room hire charges and staffing costs incurred.
Deposits and payments
Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd reserves the right to charge the Hirer full payment for a booking in advance, or claim a 25% deposit prior to the hire of their meeting rooms. All new clients will be required to pay a minimum of 25% deposit on signing of contract.
The balance will be invoiced after the function. Payment for all invoices is required within 30 days of the invoice date. VAT is applicable to all charges at the current rate.
Fare of London (contract caterers) has sole rights to supply catering services to the Woburn House Conference Centre. Clients are not permitted to bring their own food and drink onto the premises for consumption.
- Menu prices are per cover and do not include VAT, which will be added.
- The right to alter this tariff without notice is reserved, except for confirmed bookings where prices have been given in writing. Seasonal variations may also occur for reasons beyond our control.
- Final orders must be sent in writing to the Bookings team 48 hours before the event.
- Cancellation of catering orders within 5 working days of event will attract the full charge for all items.
- The Food Safety Act 1990 dictates that all food may only be out of refrigeration for a maximum of 2 hours. Therefore food will be removed before this time period expires. Due to the demands of these regulations, food may not be taken from the premises under any circumstances.
Any relevant minimum or maximum numbers will be discussed with you in advance and stated clearly on the booking form.
The menus listed are suggestions. If you have a particular request or dietary need please call the bookings team and they will discuss your requirements with the chef. Bespoke and fine dining menus can be created to suit your needs.
Booking an event serving alcoholic beverages
- Woburn House Conference centre is licensed to serve alcohol until 22.30. (Late termination of an event may result in excess charges being made.)
- Alcoholic beverages are provided on a sale or return basis.
- The name of an organiser who will remain throughout the time that alcoholic beverages are being served must be given to WHCC at least 48 hours before the event commences.
- The named organiser will be introduced to the Designated Premises Supervisor on the day and will be expected to liaise with him throughout the time that alcoholic beverages are being served. In particular this will involve deciding how many bottles of wine etc to open and when to stop service.
- A list of delegates attending an evening function must be sent to WHCC 48 hours before the event commences. Delegates 18 or under will be asked for identification.
- The license only applies to the meeting rooms in Woburn House therefore drinks may not be taken out into the street at any time.
- Organisers are asked to assist in ensuring that all guests leave the area quietly. If taxis are required they can be booked at reception, where people are welcome to wait for their arrival rather than in the street.
Exhibitions and display materials
- Hirers using the Woburn Foyer for exhibitions or bringing display materials to Woburn House for their conference or meeting are required to inform the conference centre staff of what they are bringing at least a week in advance of the booking.
- Woburn House reserves the right to remove any materials which may be deemed offensive or which are positioned in such a way that may cause health and safety problems.
- Deliveries of such materials can only be accommodated on the day prior to the booking and must be removed immediately at the end of the booking. Woburn House is in no way liable for materials left for collection nor deliveries which have not been signed for by WHCC staff. All deliveries must be left with clear address labels attached.
- Set up and provision of display materials is the responsibility of the hirer.
Health and Safety
- The Hirer is responsible for the Health and Safety of their staff and delegates throughout the duration of the hire period, and will be expected to comply with all relevant legislation.
- Information regarding emergency procedures, house-keeping and First Aid arrangements is available from the front of house staff.
- The capacities of each room are given on hire and may not be exceeded for safety reasons.
- The management reserves the right to alter proposed room layouts in order to comply with fire regulations and to refuse admission to rooms if over-crowding is liable to occur.
- Delegate lists are required to be sent to WHCC at least two working days in advance.
Emergency Evacuation for Persons with Disabilities
For all events, information relating to attendance by persons with disabilities should be obtained from delegates whenever possible in advance of the meeting or event.
On arrival the organiser must discuss with WHCC staff the arrangements that they have put in place to assist their delegate/s to evacuate the premises, which should consist of the following elements:
- results of a discussion with the delegate/s to agree their Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) in advance of the meeting
- allocation of a buddy to assist with evacuation if required
- communication of PEEP to WHCC staff and reception
- In the event of the organiser being unaware of a delegate’s disability until their arrival, a discussion needs to take place as soon as possible to agree their PEEP, and this needs to be communicated to WHCC staff.
WHCC reserves the right to request proof of identity from any person attending the meeting rooms and to require all attendees to display a security badge. Admission to the building may be refused if the staff of WHCC deem it necessary.
All articles, containers and equipment may be subject to a search or to be opened for inspection. WHCC will not accept deliveries of goods for an event unless this is pre-arranged by the Hirer.
Insurance and liability
Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to property brought to the premises by the hirer; such property, and any insurance of it, remains the responsibility of the hirer throughout.
Nor shall Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd be responsible for any injury which may be incurred by any persons during the holding of a function arising from the actions of any individual outside of its control or arising from a failure to adhere to rules set out by the conference centre.
Nor shall Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd be responsible for any loss due to mechanical breakdown, failure in electricity supply, flood, fire, government restriction, industrial action, the need to undertake emergency repairs in the Centre or an act of God which may cause Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd’s premises to be temporarily closed or the function interrupted.
Coats and personal property
Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd does not accept responsibility for the property of customers or guests. A cloakroom is provided for the convenience of guests but any goods deposited are left at the owner’s risk and without any liability on the part of Woburn House Conference Centre Ltd.
If additional staff are required for an evening function, the WHCC conference team will exercise their discretion in ensuring provision is in place and will confirm the requirement with you in advance.
Woburn House operates a no smoking policy in all its rooms and complies with current Government legislation.
I hereby agree to the terms and conditions above.